Kingsbridge U17s 42, Quimper 5; Kingsbridge Colts 55, Tonna 0

Kingsbridge Colts signed their season off with an U17s game against French touring side Quimper on Thursday night, running in eight tries to one. The game was played in good spirit with lots of interchange between the players, with the U16 players showing great commitment and working well with the first year colts to totally dominate. Tries from Matt Allen, Stu Harris, Issac Rayworth (2), James Ogglesby, George Jones, Billy Oram and Ollie Beattie. On Friday the Colts entertained Welsh touring side Tonna. The early exchanges were extremely physical and it was obvious that the visitors' game was only going to be a forward-dominated. So Kingsbridge, playing their open style of rugby ran the visitors ragged by the end of the game, running in nine tries and playing some attractive rugby. Tries from Matt Hodgson (2), Fyn McCoy, Charlie Brooking, Joe Banfield (2), Matt Allen, Mike Carson and Stu Harris, conversions from Matt Hodgson (2), Matt Allen, Mike carson and Gregg Luckhurst. A great way for the team to sign off the season.

KM Utd U15s 4, Stoke Gabriel U15s 2

KM U15s maintained their recent unbeaten form with a fourth win in five as they ended their season with a composed victory against a strong and committed Stoke side. Stoke had the better of possession early on but it was KM who had the streak of ruthlessness as they converted two of their three chances. Following an early drive wide, Bellamy received the ball from the lively Martin on the left corner of the penalty area and stroked a delightful chip into the far corner. Stoke continued to attack well but found the KM defence supremely disciplined and committed. Catling intercepted and released Watson, who surged forward and played a perfectly weighted ball to Bellamy, who rounded the 'keeper and slotted home. KM began to hit their stride now as further chances came. When Garer's shot was saved, he played an instrinctive backheel into space from the rebound for Bellamy to sweep home for his fourth hat-trick of the season. The second half was a more end of season affair as KM made some positional changes. KM continued to play great, composed, passing football and using the width of the pitch better, further chances came, but just couldn't quite be converted. Stoke, to their credit, kept battling and after applying pressure from a series of corners that 'keeper Dyos claimed confidently, scored a great free kick from a narrow angle. Stung by conceding, Watson fired in a free kick that Bullen converted with great technique. As the game petered out, KM were caught a little upfield and failed to close down a Stoke player who hit terrific 20-yard effort. A well deserved victory for KM played in a good sporting atmosphere saw both teams applauded at the final whistle.  For his hattrick and all round contribution to the team performance, Bellamy was deserved man-of-the-match. Thanks to match ball sponsors Robin Lee Decorators and Herring Shoes.

Kingsbridge U14s 17, Stonehouse U14s 8

Kingsbridge U14s journeyed to a sunny Stafford Park, Cullompton RFC's ground on Sunday for the Devon Cup final.  The match was originally due to be hosted at Sandy Park but as the Exeter Chiefs had a home game Cullompton RFC had stepped in as hosts. Kingsbridge's opponents were Stonehouse Sharks from Plymouth.  From the kick-off both teams were ready for battle and Stonehouse got the first points on the board from a penalty in front of the posts.  Despite the Sharks retaining the majority of the possession during the first half, the Kingsbridge defence was solid.  Turnover balls started being won back and the Sharks found themselves on the back foot.  A beautiful backs switch opened up the chink in the Sharks' scaley defence for Devon Jewsbury to score under the posts and be neatly converted by James Tait, opening out a nice lead for half time.  The second half was all Kings, with Sharks pinned back in their half for the majority of the next 30 minutes.  Kings' pack surged repeatedly and opened up the space for James to slip through for the second try of the game, again converted.  Two Kings penalty kicks fell short in the wind before the third found its way straight and true.  Sharks managed one breach of the Kingsbridge defence to get one try on the scorecard but their fate was sealed by the final whistle with the final score Kingsbridge 17 – Stonehouse Sharks 8. This win came from an entire team effort with all players putting in great performances.  Captain Ben Woods looked immensely proud to round off his first season as captain by hoisting the champions trophy.  The team would like to thank their sponsors Blackstone Research and Development Ltd for their support throughout the season.

Kingsbridge U11s The rescheduled Phil Darke festival took place at High House on a showery day. This end of season festival brought the best U11 teams in Devon to compete. Following a minute's silence in memory of Phil Darke, Kingsbridge faced a daunting prospect of Exeter Chiefs, Exeter Saracens and Brixham in their qualifying group. True to form, the Kingsbridge U11s were not put off and in their first match immediately went on the attack against the powerful Chiefs. Some excellent defence and outstanding ball handling allowed Wilf to score a brace and earn Kings a well-deserved victory. The next match saw a fired-up Kingsbridge play a much improved Brixham side. With the coaching team rotating players, the speed of Kings led to an early try from Charlie Chandler. Further tries by Oscar, Wilf and Max sealed a hard-fought victory. Kingsbridge then faced a well-drilled Exeter Saracens in a match which would determine who would top the group. A try by the ever-industrious Ted and a further try by an in-form Alex led to a hard-fought victory. Finishing top of the group, Kingsbridge entered the cup semi-final playing another group winner. In an outstanding match Kingsbridge gave their all against an excellent Cullompton side. Cullompton took an early lead but an outstanding try by Ted levelled the match before Wilf sealed it 10-5 for a well-deserved place in the final. Kingsbridge, with a large home support, met Ivybridge in the final. A motivated Ivybridge side took an early lead and Kings never seemed to find their stride, with fatigue playing a part. However as they found some momentum Sol broke through to level the match. As tensions rose again Ivybridge's attack was relentless, leading to a well-deserved win. Phil Darke would have been really proud of not only the manner of their victories but the spirit with which they accepted defeat. Thanks to all of the U11s parents for organising a fantastic festival.