If you’re a Totnes resident you could become a new town councillor.

Unless 10 or more electors of Totnes Town Ward come forward by Friday April 19 and ask in writing for an election to be held, the council will look to co-opt the new councillor.

You can write to the Returning Officer, SHDC, Follaton House, Totnes TQ9 5NE.