A 15-year-old boy has admitted stabbing three teenagers during a fight at a fairground.
Charlie Bush attacked the youths, aged 15, 16 and 17, just after the fireworks display had marked the official closing of the prestigious three-day Port of Dartmouth Royal Regatta.
The victims were all part of a large crowd who had gathered on the banks of the River Dart close to a fairground at Royal Avenue Gardens on Saturday, August 26, last year.
The 17-year-old suffered an eight inch wound to his left arm as he tried to fend off Bush’s knife. The 16-year-old was stabbed in the hand as he did the same. The 15-year-old was slashed across the face.
Bush comes from London but had been living in Paignton, and had gone to the last-night party at the regatta.
Bush, of Colley End Road, Paignton, admitted two counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and one of wounding when he appeared at Exeter Crown Court by video link from HMP Parc in Dorset.
He also faces an unrelated case of having an air weapon, which is to be transferred to the crown court from the juvenile court.
Judge David Evans ruled that Bush could be identified and warned him he may face a lengthy jail sentence. He remanded him in custody. He ordered that someone with parental responsibility should be present at the next hearing on May 31.
He told him: "You have pleaded guilt to some serious offences and indicated a guilty plea to a firearms offence."
Nick Lewin, prosecuting, said the sentencing judge will have to consider whether Bush should be classified as a dangerous offender.
Kevin Hopper, defending, said a psychological report has already been prepared and a further report will be needed from the youth offending Team.
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |